We Stop Mold and Mildew on Pavers, Concrete, Tile Roofs and more
for 5 YEARS GUARANTEED but can last up to 10
*Protect Oil Stains from concrete and pavers*
*Protect your surface from UV fading*
*Reduce your cost of cleaning*
Click to Call (407) 392-0888 Now!
Areas Serviced in Volusia County:
Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, De Leon Springs, DeBary, DeLand, DeLand Southwest, Deltona, Edgewater, Flagler Beach, Glencoe, Holly Hill, Lake Helen, New Smyrna Beach, North DeLand, Oak Hill, Orange City, Ormond Beach, Ormond-By-The-Sea, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, Samsula-Spruce Creek, Seville, South Daytona, West DeLand,
Other Counties Serviced:
All AAA Paver Sealing Service Areas:Read more
The origins of the word “Volusia” are uncertain, though there are numerous theories:
On the east coast of the St. Johns River in Volusia, in contemporary DeBary, General Winfield Scott developed a fort/depot in 1836 called Fort Florida.
The Seminole Indians, descendants of the Creek people of Alabama and Georgia who withstood required moving to Indian Area likewise camped in different parts of Volusia County. Throughout the 2nd Seminole War (1836– 1842) a big sugar plantation in exactly what is today the city of Daytona Beach was burned by the Seminole.
The land location of contemporary Volusia County was occupied by the native Timucua, and Mayaca individuals. Proof of their habitation can still be seen in numerous locations of Volusia County such as the big shell middens at Tomoka State Park.
Throughout the British profession of Florida, an unsuccessful colony was begun in southeast Volusia County by Andrew Turnbull, referred to as New Smyrna. This colony was linked to St. Augustine, the capital of East Florida, by means of the Kings Roadway. After the failure of the colony the inhabitants, a number of Minorcan and Greek heritage made the 70-mile (110 km) journey to reside in St. Augustine.
Throughout the British profession of Florida, an unsuccessful colony was begun in southeast Volusia County by Andrew Turnbull, understood as New Smyrna.
The name originated from a word significance “Land of the Euchee,” from the Euchee Indians who moved into the location after the Timucua Indian cultures vanished in the early 1700s. The Euchees (or Uchees) resided in the location of Spring Gardens, about 10 miles south of Volusia.
The name was drawn from a British male called Voluz who owned a plantation situated on the St. Johns River in the late 1700s.
The name stemmed from the surname Veluche coming from the Belgian or french owner of the trading post in Volusia. According to some, this was throughout the British program, and according to others, it was around 1818. Gradually, the name Veluche ended up being anglicized to Volusia.
The town was developed by and called for Jere Volusia.
The settlement was called by the Spanish after the popular Roman jurist Volusio, who composed 30 books and tutored Marcus Aurelius, the Roman emperor and theorist.
The acreage of contemporary Volusia County was populated by the native Timucua, and Mayaca individuals. Neither group exists today as unique racial entities, having actually been annihilated by war and illness after contact with European inhabitants. Proof of their habitation can still be seen in numerous locations of Volusia County such as the big shell middens at Tomoka State Park.